RECTOR, Nigeria College of Natural Medicine Technology Lagos (NICONMTECH)
NIGERIA NATURAL MEDICINE DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATIONS
Akinlolu Bankole Fawehinmi was born in Ibadan on April 30th, 1970 to the family of Mr and Mrs Samuel Kokumo Fawehinmi from Ondo State.
He had his primary education at St Patrick Primary School, Abebi Ibadan (1976-1982). He then proceeded to Baptist Grammar School, Idi-Ishin, Ibadan (1982-1987) for his secondary education. He had to leave for Federal University of Technology, Akure in 1988 to pursue his University education where he obtained his B.Tech. Industrial Chemistry, Second Class Honours in 1994. His appetite for knowledge propelled him to further his studies to the prestigious University of Ibadan where he bagged his MSc (2008) and Ph.D (2020) in Chemistry(Industrial Chemistry option) respectively.
His work experience spanning over 28 years started as a quality control officer with a private company Albert Olaniyan and Sons Nigeria limited in 1995 – 1997. He taught Chemistry briefly at First Baptist Church High School,Angwan Boro, Kaduna from 1997 – 1998. He then worked with Unichem Nigeria Limited, Kaduna as a Production Chemist from 1998 – 2001. He joined the services of Nigeria Natural Medicine Development Agency as a Research Officer in April 2001. He rose through the ranks to become Rector (NICONMTECH) the training arm of the Agency.
Dr.Fawehinmi has 17 peer – review scientific journal publications. He is also a
reviewer to 18 scientific journals. He has attended conferences and workshops both in and outside Nigeria. He has more than 15 conference papers to his credit. He has also attended several short courses to prepare him for the tasks ahead.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATION
Dr Fawehinmi is a:
- Fellow Chemical Society of Nigeria
- Member Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria
- Member American Chemical Society
- Member, International Council of Alternative Medicine.
HIS AREA OF SPECIALIZATION/RESEARCH INTEREST:
- Formulation and Development of Herbal Anti dermatitis soap from Medicinal Plants
- Formulation and Development of Herbal Anti dermatitis cream from Medicinal Plants
- Research, develop and standardize herbal extraction technologies, and galenicals of traditional remedies from local bioresources.
- Assist identify and facilitate low cost process technologies to support the establishment of low cost standard production facilities by small scale entrepreneurs
- Develop and maintain crude drug repository
- Research and Development of Lead Components from Herbal Raw Materials and Products
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Dr Fawehinmi likes to watch football and wrestling. He also takes delight in playing table tennis.